I used to be creative.

I used to want to show everyone what I had created and how magical it was to be able to create something.


I used to be able to sit down with a pen and piece of paper and write.

I used to write for hours without losing focus or lacking inspiration.

But now I am haunted by that same piece of paper. It's like the words and stories in my head are trapped, like paper jammed in a printer, making loud noises as it's trying to escape.

Words used to be my escape, my safe haven.

I always knew that whenever everything else fell apart, words and stories would always be there for me.

I know now that that's not how life works.

Life works the exact opposite way.

As soon as we take something for granted, life takes it away
.
It seems as if I'm describing life as some mythical creature that comes into my home and takes everything I love one by one.

Perhaps that is how my life is and how I envision it, but I know life isn't like that for everyone.

I could think of some examples of people to whom life has been a kind supportive friend, always there for them to give them what they want and need.
Those are the lucky ones.
The happy ones.

But I can also think of people to whom life has been the worst enemy, always lurking around to swipe their lives of everything good and happy.

My point with all this is that life is like a person and that that person is different for everyone, and we've all just got to learn how to live with ours.